Sunday, April 8, 2012

When I'm Happy

I sat down in the sactuary as usual about thirty minutes before church started. I like to be early since it gives me time to turn my thoughts to God and quietly prepare for the service. All of a sudden I heard my daughter, Carrie's voice from somewhere behind me. I couldn't tell what she was saying and didn't turn around to see who she was talking to. Suddenly, however, I heard her laugh then her voice dropped as she continued to speak before she laughed again. "She's happy today," I thought as I smiled. As she laughed again I wanted to enter in and laugh with her.

Then the Lord spoke to me, "I joy over you when you're happy," The thought passed through my mind with a reference Zeph. 3:17.

Then, He continued, "Don't waste your days in complaints and worries. I came to help every trouble you'll ever face." Another reference, Psalm 46:1, sprang into my mind to confirm the truth He had just spoken.

Then He continued again, "Remember how your attention was instantly focused on Carrie when you heard her voice just now and how you wanted to join in her happiness? And yet, there are many times you cannot meet the needs she has? How much more do I joy over you when you are happy and carefree in your faith knowing that I can always make a difference in your life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment