Sunday, February 19, 2012

Starting a New Blog

Hmmm! I guess I ought to state right upfront the reason I'm writing this blog. It's because I'm hoping to encourage somebody! Goodness knows I've struggled more to escape discouragement, or even out-right depression in my life than anything else. I really hate those 'down' to 'black' days that seemed to lock me in a cell and throw away the key, and I'd like to help anyone who is still susceptable to them to become victorious as I am!

The first time I started a blog I was acting under strong suggestions from my publishing team. It was important, I was assured, since I had a book coming out. Well, now the book is out. (Available Grace: True Short Stories of the Rewards of Intentional Living) Everytime I look at it I'm amazed all over again at the extraordinary, miraculous power of God. Am I the only one who thinks its nothing short of a miracle that a 70+ year old with no publishing connections and no following to-speak-of has a new book published? I just can't quit saying, "Amazing!"

Anyway, now that the book's out, I needed a new purpose in order to start this new blog. After a week of deep thinking, I arrived at this platform for the umpteenth time. "The only reason compelling enough for me to spend time writing is that someone be encouraged, comforted, enlightened or inspired by the wisdom I've garnered in the last 49 years. It certainly isn't important that anyone follow my life's journey, but the lessons I learned along the way are universal to everyone who wants a life filled with peace, victorious living, and joy rather than drama, upset and defeat!

If that's you, I hope you'll join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment