Monday, February 13, 2012

All Things Become New

II Cor. 5:17 (NLT) " This means that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!"

It seems we spend a lot of time discussing change in our lives. Looking for it, resisting it, even despairing of it, whatever state we're in we don't seem to be content. I'm in one of those states. I just completed a three week fast and thought it was one of those times that whatever spiritual power I had garnered was laid up for me to use at a later time. In other words, I couldn't tell anything had changed in my life.

Oh, boy! What a difference a week makes! It seems everywhere I look God is saying, "Change this! I have a better idea." And for me every change involves learning and more learning because everything on the computer is new to me. My inclination is to resist; to moan and groan and lament my fate, but I've learned that when I do that I do it alone. When I jump in and start to learn the new thing Jesus jumps in with me.  So, here I am starting a new blog even though my aim is still the same:  to celebrate the high adventure of walking daily with Jesus. I hope these notes inspire you to dream bigger and encourage you to take the next step in your own adventure.

Metaphorically, I feel like I've packed my bags, locked the front door behind me and I'm on my way to the airport. All systems are go! Will you fly with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment